l o v e l y t h i n g s



12.20.2010

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...



It's pouring rain in Southern California and with temperatures in the 60s there is no chance of the rain turning to snow.  This was the photo from our Christmas card when we lived in Connecticut in 2002.  I was still using film back then so it wasn't until a few days later that I realized I had this shot.  I'm pretty sure this was the first photo I took that day and their instincts were of course to catch snowflakes...perfect!

I would like to think I give quite a bit of thought every year into our family Christmas cards...but this one is still our favorite.

We loved the photo so much we had it enlarged to 60 x 40 and it hangs in our stairway with our other black and white photos.

12 comments:

  1. hi annie,

    the rain is still pounding here in redlands as i'm sure it is at the beach. what a beautiful card/photo. i just love that you enlarged it and can enjoy it everyday instead of being buried in a drawer. i LOVE your house.

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. its rainy here too!
    cute pic, thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wind is blowing gale force here.....
    snow has shut down major airports in the UK and loved ones have been stranded...
    keep calm and carry on....
    I hope that your roads are navigatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you believe how much rain we've got...non-stop! adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo! WHEN is it going to stop raining? It is just non-stop, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, beautiful!! and so perfect that you enlarged it!!

    Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♫•*¨*•.¸¸ belated merry xmas! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture blown up! It looks perfect there too.
    Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love and more love!!! I have been wanting blow up one of our photos. This one just may have sent me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with your fabulous photo! It really is a great shot and must bring back wonderful memories of your time on the east coast! We have tons of snow here in MA! Anyway, thank you for your sweet comments and I hope you found some tulips! Your post made me laugh!
    Happy, Happy New Year in your wonderful sunny California home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable!! I love canvas photos and your photo gallery wall is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such an unbelievably cute photo!

    ReplyDelete