l o v e l y t h i n g s



6.02.2011

focaccia bread

We made home made focaccia bread from things we had in the pantry and in the garden.  We basically used the same pizza dough recipe, but the difference comes in pounding out the dough.  We made two rectangles that were thicker than two pizza rounds.

Making bread is easy and inexpensive...the few ingredients include a package of yeast, flour, salt, olive oil,  warm water and a couple of hours to let the dough rise...that's it.


           
Fresh herbs from our garden and thinly sliced red onion for the topping.

We sauteed the fresh herbs and red onion in a little olive oil.

We baked them on two pizza stones, not knowing how much they would rise.  Next time we could bake them on one stone.  Just as they were about finished baking, we added a small amount of Parmesan cheese.  (It seems our oven is always in need of cleaning ...it takes forever to clean the oven and we are constantly using them).


16 comments:

  1. I make about 5 loaves of bread a week, foccacia and soda bread are my favourites, nothing beats home made bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I'm going to have to make some. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh scrummo Annie. That is a brilliant idea and one I will steal for sure! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! You and I would get along just fine...s'mores, butterscotch pudding, shortbread cookies, foccaica. What do you like to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi annie,


    these pictures are making me hungry and dinner is still hours away. your photography is getting damn good girl! yum.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making foccaicia bread...
    it is much more difficult spelling the name than making the bread!

    Like Janet I am feeling peckish after seeing these images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious!! I love homemade bread. Unfortunately, my attempts at baking bread have always ended in disaster. Thankfully, my husband is a wizard at baking so I let him do all the work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, focaccia! My husband used to make rounds of them. I should remind him of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum Annie, I love focaccia and your looks divine :))
    Enjoy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be making this tomorrow for dinner--with a salad of course. Awww who am I kidding the second this comes out of the oven I will devour the whole thing and there will be no room for salad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are incredible! Wish we were neighbors ;)
    Your photography is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum Annie!! Beautiful photos too!! I don't think I've ever made bread before (it looked too tricky), but you've inspired me to give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie, that bread looks really yummy! Thanks for reading my Laguna post. The thrift store is on Gleneyre, a few blocks south of Main Street. It runs parallel to PCH. I got a bunch of little treasures today at a rummage sale in Corona del Mar. $3 paintings, etc!! I will post pics later! Thanks!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  14. This bread looks incredible, my mouth is watering! Can you send me some :). Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. However you spell it, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete