l o v e l y t h i n g s



6.30.2011

Summer in the City - Part One


It was a little after 8 in New York City.  The light at this time of day is magic.  We walked through the city and started to think about dinner when we arrived at Danny Meyer's Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.  The line was long...as usual, but there is nothing better than a Shake Shack burger and an ice cold beer.  The fries are pretty great too and the caramel shake...to die for.


Madison Square Park (Madison Ave. at East 23rd St.) is lush and beautiful and makes you think twice about needing to get out of the city in the summer.  We even saw fire flies at the day turned to night.

Somehow as you make your way through the line, place your order and receive your beeper, a perfect table has opened up by the time your food is ready.







Add this to your list the next time you are in NYC.

12 comments:

  1. That Shake Shack is a definite stop for me next time I visit!

    ciao from Newport Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great spot to enjoy a burger...and a line up is the key to great taste!
    I am feeling a bit hungry now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having lots of fun! I will check out the Shake Shack the next time I am in New York. The last time we were there, we went to this place across from our hotel called the Wolf and Lamb. It was the best burger I have ever eaten in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Shake Shack is great, but next time try The Burger Joint, behind a curtain in Le Parker Meridian. Amazing!! And adorable...
    Great shots of the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi annie,

    well those fries look pretty amazing. and i never think of hydrangeas in nyc but there they are with the fireflies. great pics annie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To quote Liz Lemon.. "I want to go to there". Great pics Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am putting this on my list of places to go when I am there in THREE WEEKS!!! Can't wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time in NY!! For me is looks like being in a movie! I've never been in America, I would love to visit NYC!
    I love the colour of the first one!
    Enjoy this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these photos. They brought back some lovely memories of our trip to NYC in September last year. Would you believe we had dinner at the Shake Shack on our first night in NYC?! After 21 hours of flying it was the first place we stumbled across and it hit the spot. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  10. Union Square was my neighborhood when I was still living in NY, back when Shake Shack was Luna Park. There was nothing better than sitting outside on a nice night with my friends after work grabbing a drink. Your pictures of my old neighborhood makes me miss NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you're having a grand time in NYC! Shake Shack is on my list for my next visit. Looks yummy and the caramel shake is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You didn't show the Jaume Plensa sculpture. Is it not lit at night? Its my favorite public scupture I've ever seen.
    Best,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete